What is Anti-Tragus Piercing?
Anti-tragus is another unique form of ear piercing. In anti tragus piercing the inner ear cartilage is pierced adjacent to the lobe and tragus. Anti tragus piercing does not suit everyone, those who have an overlap or more skin in the inward part of the ear would be more comfortable with an anti tragus piercing.
Anti-Tragus Piercing Pain
Since the cartilage is being pierced, it could be quite painful for some. Redness and swelling are something which is common while pierced.
Anti-Tragus Piercing Aftercare
With proper precautionary steps and knowhow, infections could be easily avoided around the pierced area. There are some basic measures to be taken to avoid any unwanted scenarios.
- Always wash your hands before touching the piercing.
- Clean the piercing twice daily with warm saline water.
- Avoid going in the pool as the micro-organisms present in it might lead to infections.
- Avoid giving any kind of pressure on the pierced ear, i.e. sleep on the opposite side, do not answer the phone from the concerned side.
- Do not exert too much pressure while cleaning the pierced area, always do it with soft hands.
- Do not remove the ring quite often and that too for long intervals.
Anti-Tragus Piercing Infections
The symptoms of infection are excessive redness or discharge of yellow puss from the piercing. Choose your jewelry smartly because infections can be caused by jewelry rejections too.
Anti-Tragus Piercing Healing
It might take a bit more time to heal, i.e. 9 to 12 months.
Anti-Tragus Piercing Jewelry
There are certain limitations when it comes to choosing the type of jewelry in this kind of piercing because of the upside down nature. The barbell is the most preferred one for an anti-tragus piercing.
Wearing micro jewelry could facilitate the healing process to be much quicker.
Anti-Tragus Piercing Cost
An anti tragus piercing would cost something around $40-$50 when done by an experienced professional.
Anti-Tragus Piercing Variation
A variation of anti-tragus piercing is the double Anti-tragus piercing in which the tiny fold of the cartilage is pierced twice.