What is Cyber Bite Piercing?
Cyber Bites are a pair of piercings one on the groove of the upper lip and another at the bottom of the lower lip. It is a combination of Medusa and a standard Labret piercing. These piercings look cool and trendy on both boys and girls. It is famous among teenagers and youngsters. Being a form of double lip piercing it hurt but as it highlights both the upper and lower lip which is already a prominent part of the face, people love these piercings.
- The process starts with the selection of an authentic parlor which is well known and holds a license in piercing.
- Checks whether the equipment is clean and sterilized before use.
- Marks the spot on the upper and lower lip where the perforation is desirable.
- With the help of a hollow needle of 1.2 mm to 1.6 mm gauge, the piercer quickly makes a hole in the flesh on both the markings.
- Inserts the standard size 8 mm studs in the piercings.
It can take anywhere between 6 to 8 weeks to heal, rest depends on personal care. Initially, it will take four to five days for the swelling to reduce. Itching, tightness, and soreness in the area may also cause discomfort. The skin might appear red or pink for a few days after the piercing, and a yellowish white liquid may seep out of it which is not pus but is lymph fluid. It is an indication by the immune system that the wound is healing.
Pain ratings are 5/10. The skin perforation does hurt, but the intensity may vary from a person to another. The one who has a fat lip structure may experience more pain due to more nerves and muscles present in the area. Still, it depends on the individual’s pain tolerance capacity.
The process may be little distressing for men as their skin in this region usually gets more robust due to shaving which makes the piercing a bit complicated. Despite this, it doesn’t take too long to finish with the process.
- Eat, chew and drink carefully and slowly. Do not disturb the piercing till it heals completely.
- Take food rich in Vitamin B & C
- Remove the crust from the jewelry on upper and lower lips only using clean fingers or a cotton swab.
- Maintain oral Rinse mouth frequently by using an antibacterial mouthwash.
- Use a toothbrush with soft bristles for brushing your teeth.
- Dab the piercing with moist cotton soaked in the warm saline solution.
- Ice cubes or ice creams can be useful in reducing the swelling of the lower and upper lips.
- Avoid consuming sticky and spicy food.
- Do not remove the stud initially.
- Avoid using cosmetics near the piercing area.
- Do not go swimming in public pools.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and other hard drinks.
Risk Associated with Cyber Bite Piercing
- Scarring: A visible scar is inevitable if the piercing stretches
- Infections: The body is always prone to infections with an open wound, so it is advisable to take care during the healing process.
- Gum erosion: Be attentive while choosing a stud for the piercings. In case large studs touch the gums, it can cause gum erosion.
- Teeth chipping: Similar to gum erosion the wrong size of jewelry can result in scratches on the teeth and in cause its wear down, triggered by instant rubbing.
- Extreme redness in the piercing area.
- Severe swelling that doesn’t disappear instead increases slowly and makes eating, drinking or talking difficult.
- Severe pain (only a mild twinge feeling during piecing)
- Harsh rashes or reactions are appearing around the piercing area.
- Itching and irritation for a long time.
- Discharge of Pus and blood.
Cure or Remedy
- Clean the infected area using a clean cotton plug soaked in saline water or some antibacterial liquid.
- Do not remove the jewelry as it will block the piercing hole.
- Consult a physician for medical help and care.
- Follow the prescription for the stipulated time.
The piercings are two in number, so the chances of the infection in either of the piercings is high.
Cyber Bite Piercing Jewelry
The jewelry that you can adorn includes CBRs, studs, spikes, hoops or a combination of any of the two. Labret studs and curved barbells also add on the list of suitable jewelry. Studs come in a different material from bioplastic to surgical steel. Other precious metals like Gold, Silver, and Platinum are also favorite metal for the jewelry.
The cost of Cyber bite piercing can range from $50-$80. Any standardized parlor will charge in this range. However, the choice of jewelry can escalate the prices.