What is Daith Piercing?
In Daith piercing, the ear is pierced through the innermost cartilage fold, the crus of the helix. The piercing is located at an awkward angle because of the curvy position.
How is Daith piercing done?
It is generally done by a straight hollow needle. It needs to be done by a professional piercer since it is a very complicated type of piercing.
Daith Piercing Pain
It is a form of cartilage piercing and is usually very painful. It is normal for the piercing to bleed along with some redness and pain.
Daith Piercing Aftercare
To keep away any sort of infection after piercing, it is important to take care of the following things:
- Cleanse your hand properly before touching or cleaning the pierced region
- Rinse the pierced area with cotton soaked in warm salt water
- While taking a bath, clean the pierced area gently with soap
- Avoid taking a call from the pierced side and sleeping on the pierced side
- Do not apply any cosmetic in the region
- Try not to give much stress to the pierced ear, doing so could lead to bleeding and some infection
Daith Ear Piercing Healing
It might take 3 to 6 months to heal completely.
Daith Piercing Jewelry
Hearts, moon and curved barbells are the most loved jewelry pieces you could choose from.
Daith Piercing Cost
Done by a professional piercer, it will cost you something around $40 to $50.
Types of Daith Piercing
There are two variations:
- Double Daith piercing: Two piercings are done in the innermost cartilage fold. It can be done only if the cartilage fold is big.
- Triple Daith piercing: Three piercings are done on the cartilage. However, it’s only possible for people having a large cartilage.
Daith Piercing Myth
There is a myth that this piercing could give some relief to people suffering from a migraine.